英语美文 | 对英最热门小说《露西的试炼之旅》雄的崇拜

发布时间:2018-06-29 16:01



The need for heroes

对英雄的崇拜


When I was a kid, I greatly admired Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Yogi Berra.

当我是个孩子时,我非常崇拜威利·梅斯、汉克·阿龙、约吉·贝拉。


They were my heroes, and I wanted to be just like them.

他们是我心中的英雄,我想成为他们那样。


I treasured their baseball cards.

我珍藏着他们的棒球卡。


I wanted to know everything about them.

我想知道他们的一切事情。


I knew their stats, the RBIs, the ERAs, their batting averages, how much they got paid, and how they came up from the minors.

我知道他们的总得分,他们的打点和投手防御率,他们挣多少钱,以及他们是怎样在少年棒球联赛上崭露头角的。


I want to know everything because I want to be just like them.

我想知道关于他们的每一件事,因为我想成为像他们那样的人。


Every time, as a nine-year-old kid, when I stepped up to bat or played first base or catcher, I wasn't me.

在我9岁或10岁的时候,每当我上场击球或是充当一垒手和接球手时,我便不再是我自己。


It's one of the most powerful ways we learn that we often lose as adults.

这是我学到的最有效的方法之一,但当我们长大成人后,却失去这种模仿能力,

精品小说《露西的试炼之旅》

We lose our heroes. We lose our naivete.

我们失去了心中的英雄,失去了过往的单纯。


I have new heroes as I grow older. I have golf heroes.

随着年龄的增长,我的心中又有了新的英雄。


I copy their swings and do my best to read everything I can about them.

我模仿他们的击球动作,竭尽全力去搜集与他们有关的资料。


I also have heroes such as Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch, George Soros, and Jim Rogers.

我还崇拜像唐纳德·川普、沃伦·巴菲特、彼得·林奇、乔治·索罗斯和吉姆·罗杰斯这样的投资家。


In my older years, I know their stats just like I knew the ERAs and RBIs of my baseball heroes.

现在我年纪大了,但我还像小时候了解棒球明星们跑垒得分那样了解这些新英雄的情况。


I follow what Warren Buffett invests in, and read anything I can about his point of view on the market.

我跟随沃伦·巴菲特的选择进行投资,还阅读所有我能找到的他对市场看法的文章。


And I read about Donald Trump, trying to find out how he negotiates and puts deals together.

我阅读彼得·林奇的书,以弄懂他怎样选股;我还读了唐纳德·川普的书,试图发现他谈判和促成交易的技巧。


Just as I was not me when I was up to bat, when I'm in the market or I'm negotiating a deal, I am subconsciously acting with the bravado of Trump.

就像在棒球场上一样,我不再是我自己,在市场上或为交易进行谈判时,我下意识地模仿川普的那种气势。


Or when analyzing a trend, I look at it as though Peter Lynch were doing it.

当分析某种趋势时,我学着像彼得·林奇那样思考。


By having heroes, we tap into a tremendous source of raw genius.

通过偶像的模范作用,我们挖掘出自身的巨大潜能。


But heroes do more than simply inspire us.

英雄人物不仅激励了我们。


Heroes make things look easy.

还会使难题看起来容易一些。


It's the making it look easy that convinces us to want to be just like them.

他们坚定了我们要像他们一样的信心。


"If 露西的试炼之旅简介they can do it, so can I."

“如果他们能做到,那么我也能”。



欢迎点击右上角的按钮可以把本文【分享到朋友圈】

欢迎识别二维码关注英琅英语的公众号,每天都有与你生活息息相关的英语学习内容推送给你。





官方微信:elanenglish

官方Q Q:3085307632

咨询电话:021-37772088     17316372086

官方论坛:www.elanenglish.com.cn

联系地址:上海市松江区大学城四期文汇路955号文汇

如果需要咨询其他问题,请发送“姓名”+“手机号码”+“问题







powered by 三寸人间 © 2017 WwW.mingrenteahouse.com